[game_edu] Getting information about game education to those interested in it

S. Gold goldfile at gmail.com
Thu Jul 9 10:51:23 EDT 2009

Lew,
The team that is redoing the once called Breaking In site has made
tremendous headway and is hard at work putting together the new information.

We are working on developing many layers to this website and currently we
could use a volunteer or two to help us write the following sections:

* Trad'l CS degree vs. game prog degree
* Difference between Game Studies and Game Development
* Breakdown of programming jobs
* Breakdown of audio engineer, sound fx designer

Please email me offline if you are interested in working with our great team
of educators and professionals working on this project. By the way, I would
like to give them props for working on this, thank you Scott Roberts, Tom
Sloper, Jim Rivers and Dan Carreker.

Currently we were planning on having the site reside on the IGDA site, but I
do take your point that we really don¹t have a lot of traffic there. Sadly
but true, a lot of folks don¹t know who the IGDA is or know the mission. I
will talk to our new Executive Director, Joshua Caulfield and get his
feedback about creating some sort of affiliation or something with Game
Career Guide.

I, on behalf of the SIG thank you for writing such a good article in keeping
with the recommendations of the current curriculum framework, well done.

Susan
--

Prof. Susan Gold
Chair, IGDA Education SIG

"It is the supreme art of the teacher to awaken joy in creative expression
and knowledge." - Albert Einstein