[game_edu] Getting information about game education to those interested in it

Andrew Armstrong andrew at aarmstrong.org
Thu Jul 9 11:19:13 EDT 2009

Just a point, I'm getting feedback and ideas for revamping the Students
SIG, and a few people have brought up the IGDA and accreditation for
courses. I did mention this was more and Education SIG area, and
possibly worth thinking about in the long term.

Since the Students SIG doesn't even exist yet, really, I honestly agree
that the IGDA website is utterly unknown for those who are choosing
where to go. If it gets off the ground (with worldwide information made
available), the site as a whole could be pushed to those advice
institutions who run career websites, perhaps.

(Advice for your career after you have a degree is something else
though, and entirely suited to the IGDA site).

Anyway, neat idea, it didn't really end though - I presume this is
something the Education SIG is now going to do?

Andrew