[game_edu] Global Game Jam 2010

S. Gold goldfile at gmail.com
Thu Jul 16 05:37:52 EDT 2009

We are ready to announce our 2010 call for hosts. The 2009 GGJ was such a
smashing success we want to do it again and make it bigger (more locations =
more games). That¹s right, we are starting to plan for next January and we
need locations all over this big beautiful globe to host a jam. The dates
will be January 29-31, 2010. To sign up your studio/lab/school please look
over the following specs for what is needed and email us at:
future at globalgamejam.org

· Physical space to comfortably seat participants

· Internet access (either wired or wireless) for all participants

· Access to common game development tools and/or ability to download
and install software

· Local IT support in case of problems with computers or internet
connectivity

· At least one local official organizer to coordinate the event **

· Access to all space and computing resources around the clock over the
weekend of January 29-31, 2010*

· Coffee and Beverages & easy access to food

· An auditorium space to do a post Jam presentation on Sunday, January
31st

· Security (safeguard against theft, etcŠ)

*We prefer your location was open for the entire 48 hours but we can
accommodate those that can not, it is just less time for your site
participants to make their games.
** The organizer must be a part of all email correspondence, participate on
basecamp and oblige us with meeting all due dates.

The GGJ will provide you with tools to organize your local event, hands on
guidance before & during the Global Game Jam, a web page on the GGJ site,
local & international promotion of the event, swag, etcŠ

Look for early location announcements to show up on our new website in early
September. Sign-up to participate in a local jam should start by the end of
October.

--
Be a part of the largest 48 hour Global Game Jam experience to date.
http://globalgamejam.org