[game_edu] GDC 2010 \ Academic Summit?

S. Gold goldfile at gmail.com
Thu Jul 16 11:22:04 EDT 2009

The Education Summit does not do submissions like the GDC, it is a curated
event. We try to look at the things that are needed by our membership and
provide it in one neat little package. Currently we are leaning towards a
similar set-up to last year. Morning workshops which provide much needed
professional development and the afternoon is for inspiration. We are not an
academic organization, as in we don¹t do peer review papers, etc... We are
about providing resources for educators teaching games, in turn, we try to
provide that type of material at our conference presentations.

Does that help?

Susan

On 7/16/09 10:48 AM, "Gregory Walek" <gwalek at ccsnh.edu> wrote:

> I saw the call for general conference submissions for GDC 2010.

> Didn't see any information about the Academic Summit.

> Can someone give me a primer about this side of the conference?

Susan Gold
Skype: tahoegold

"To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all."
Oscar Wilde