[game_edu] from naitik ( india)

jparker jparker at ucalgary.ca
Sun Jun 7 12:09:07 EDT 2009

Hello

Video games involve simulations of many physical objects, and as such
they require the programmer to know some physics (mechanics). Graphics
involves analytic geometry and linear algebra. These are the absolute
minimum that you need.

I attach some condensed notes from a book I wrote a few years ago by way
of showing what sort of math is needed to create a driving game. Other
games will be similar. This material can be found (in Canada, anyway)
in the senior high school(Gr 12)/freshman university math program. An
upgrader course to prep you for university admission would be a good start.

You know, this stuff is not really that hard. Many folks have developed
a fear of math which starts, I think, because some math teachers instill
it. At some point I figure that students give up.