[game_edu] Game Design Concepts

Martin Hagvall martin at hagvall.com
Tue Mar 31 14:46:53 EDT 2009

Looks like a terrific initiative!

Martin

_____

From: game_edu-bounces at igda.org [mailto:game_edu-bounces at igda.org] On Behalf
Of Ian Schreiber
Sent: Tuesday, March 31, 2009 10:45 AM
To: IGDA Game Education Listserv
Subject: [game_edu] Game Design Concepts

Hi all,

It was great to meet so many of you at GDC, old friends and new colleagues
alike.

For those who I didn't get to talk to, I wanted to announce an experiment
I'm doing over Summer 2009. I call it "Game Design Concepts" and it's an
online course in blog/email/wiki form. The focus of the content is,
naturally, game design.

This course is open to all -- students, educators, industry, or anyone else
with an interest in game design. It's not for credit, but it is also free
(no tuition).

For those of you who teach game design, I would love to get your input and
exchange resources since we're teaching similar classes (you might find some
useful things to incorporate in your own class as well). For those of you
who have students interested in game design, encourage them to sign up as
well.

The course blog is at http://gamedesignconcepts.wordpress.com and signups
are already open.

I'm looking forward to seeing what happens...

- Ian