[game_edu] Game Design Concepts

Leo Moreno lmoreno at avhsd.org
Tue Mar 31 17:22:07 EDT 2009

Great concept and innovation. I have sent you the required information. As a high school teacher instructing video game development, I am eager to learn more. Thank you

Leonard A. Moreno - InfoTech Instructor
FalconTech Pathway
Regional Occupational Programs
Palmdale High School
(661) 273-3181 x.362
http://infotech.phsfalcons.org
"No Child Left Unplugged"

>>> Ian Schreiber <ai864 at yahoo.com> 3/31/2009 10:45 AM >>>

Hi all,

It was great to meet so many of you at GDC, old friends and new colleagues alike.

For those who I didn't get to talk to, I wanted to announce an experiment I'm doing over Summer 2009. I call it "Game Design Concepts" and it's an online course in blog/email/wiki form. The focus of the content is, naturally, game design.

This course is open to all -- students, educators, industry, or anyone else with an interest in game design. It's not for credit, but it is also free (no tuition).

For those of you who teach game design, I would love to get your input and exchange resources since we're teaching similar classes (you might find some useful things to incorporate in your own class as well). For those of you who have students interested in game design, encourage them to sign up as well.

The course blog is at http://gamedesignconcepts.wordpress.com and signups are already open.

I'm looking forward to seeing what happens...

- Ian