[game_edu] FW: New Book, The Ethics of Computer Games

Martin Hagvall martin at hagvall.com
Mon May 4 12:44:43 EDT 2009

Congratulations!

On a related note, some of you might have missed that Brenda Brathwaite
featured in an Escapist online article discussing her new board game designs
about the slave trade, the holocaust, etc. Any thoughts? Is this direction a
welcome infusion of ethics and social context and/or does it risk
"politicizing and polarizing" games (and perhaps by extension, also game
education)?

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/conferences/tgc_2009/6021-TGC-
2009-How-a-Board-Game-Can-Make-You-Cry

Martin Hagvall