[game_edu] GES is just around the corner

S. Gold goldfile at gmail.com
Fri May 15 16:20:11 EDT 2009

I know that so many of us have been hit hard in the budget cuts especially
when it comes to professional development. Yet the upcoming GES Conference
in Pittsburgh is affordable and relatively close for many of you to attend.
Plus if you use this EDUSIG2009 discount code, you get a price break.

The academic conference, the only one of its kind, will offer an ambitious
seven tracks http://www.gameeducationsummit.com/ges_programs_2009.php,
covering course overviews, opportunities to hear from industry
professionals, sessions on narrative
http://www.gameeducationsummit.com/track.php?ind=8 writing; showcasing
creativity http://www.gameeducationsummit.com/track.php?ind=7 and
development tools for traditional games,
http://www.gameeducationsummit.com/track.php?ind=9 as well as sessions on
games for ³serious² applications such as government and health care
training.

In addition the EdSIG had been given an opportunity to do a special track,
we will cover some curriculum ideas and professional development:
http://www.gameeducationsummit.com/track.php?ind=12.

* Uncovering the Plot to Take Over the World! (Examining the work of game
researchers and how you too can get involved)
* Industry and Academia
* Community College Challenge
* Innovative Teaching Through Game Design
* What the IGDA EdSIG can do for you

There are over 30 sessions presented by over 50 experts in Game Education
and Technology, GES 2009 will be the leading conference on the latest
methods, tools, and industry needs for colleges and universities everywhere.

I just wanted to encourage everyone to attend if possible; please remember
to use discount code EDUSIG2009.

Susan
--
Susan Gold
Skype: tahoegold

"To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all."
Oscar Wilde