[game_edu] IGDA Offers Health Insurance /Education Institutional Membership

Susan Gold goldfile at gmail.com
Tue Nov 17 14:41:43 EST 2009

The IGDA is really trying to give members value for their membership
(normally $48 USD), with discounts for books and conferences. Now we
are going one step further by adding health insurance. We also have
another big announcement educational institutional memberships. This
membership program is $500 - which gives you partnership with the IGDA
for the school and then 50% off membership fees for all faculty and
students. That would make it $24 per faculty member, $15 per student.
We are working to create additional value to educational members as
well and I will have more to share on that in short order.

The big news on the website is that the IGDA is going to have Group
Medical Insurance.

http://www.igda.org/board-blog/igda-starts-healthcare-program

"This plan is currently available for US members only. Most of our non-
US members live in countries with nationalized health care systems so
there is less need, or value in making this available to members in
those countries. Following a successful launch of the program in the
US, we would be interested in looking into this for other countries.
If you would like to help with that process please let us know."

Susan
--
Susan Gold
In a completely sane world, madness is the only freedom!