[game_edu] Gamma IV Kickstarter

D. Michelle Hinn hinn at uiuc.edu
Tue Feb 9 13:44:22 EST 2010

I wish I would have known this earlier -- the Game Accessibility SIG
tried to help with a cross promotion, as this year's competition is
for one button games, which is a HUGE category of games accessible
for the disabled and we created a guide because several of us have
done a lot of research in this area but we never got much response
from them. This was a few months ago.

We're swamped right now raising funds to get to us to SXSW (that
starts in the middle of GDC...rrrr...) because they've given us a
HUGE booth for free to showcase accessible games but our costs to
just get us there are crazy. But this is something we normally would
have gladly helped find sponsorship for from within the disability
community but I don't know how much time we have left to help since
we're trying to raise our own funding. But if they were interested I
could put a late night in to send this out to the members of the
accessibility and disability communities that work on and/or play
these games the most. Let me know if there's interest and we could
figure out what to say in the funding call. We have a pretty huge
list collected at this point!!

Michelle
Chair, Game Accessibility SIG