[game_edu] IGDA Elections

Susan Gold goldfile at gmail.com
Mon Feb 15 07:48:59 EST 2010

As the IGDA Education SIG Chair I want to encourage all the members of
our listserv to actively participate in the upcoming IGDA Board
elections starting Sunday, February 14th. I know that many of the
candidates have ties to education. Each of the candidates have written
statements: http://www.igda.org/igda-board-directors-2010-candidate-statements
. I am opening our list to any of the candidates and welcome them to
pitch for our votes. I advocate we question how they will assist our
constituency. These are the people who will be leading the future of
the organization, as a full members of the IGDA you/our needs should
be addressed. I feel opening our list to all of the them is the best
way for them to answer questions directly from Academy. I will contact
each of them and ask them to post here on our listserv.

Speaking of elections, I feel it is time for the Ed SIG to have
elections as well. I would like to use the upcoming Ed SIG roundtable
at GDC (Thursday, March 11th 3:00- 4:00 Room 228, East Mezzanine) to
discuss how we should go about doing this, what positions need to be
created, etc... I feel it is time for me to step down as chair and
have some fresh volunteers help us move the SIG forward. In my tenure
I feel we have accomplished much, I am very proud of our work and
continued outreach. I have found my real passion in the Global Game
Jam and would like to focus my attention at growing and developing the
event. The GGJ embraces so much of what we teach within game
education, we will forever be linked to what happens in academia. It
is time for the SIG to come together and create new plans as well as
prepare for the 2012 update of the Curriculum Framework. The IGDA has
created a template for how to do elections, so this should be a
relatively painless process. We’ll have some sort of nomination
process, vetting and election. Those that will not be in attendance at
GDC, please feel free to share ideas on the list.

It has been a honor and a pleasure to chair the Ed SIG, I look forward
to helping the SIG grow and move forward.

Sincerely,
Susan

--
Susan Gold
In a completely sane world, madness is the only freedom!