[game_edu] My IGDA Board Candidacy

Darius Kazemi darius.kazemi at gmail.com
Mon Feb 15 08:11:56 EST 2010

Hi folks,

As some of you may know, I am running for the IGDA Board of Directors. I believe that I can vastly improve the IGDA as an organization, and you can read my candidacy statement to see how I'm going to do that:

http://www.igda.org/darius-kazemi-2010-board-statement

I am a full-time game developer but I have strong ties to academia. I helped create the Interactive Media & Game Development curriculum at Worcester Polytechnic Institute and I sit on their advisory board. I am a frequent guest lecturer at universities, and I am looking forward to spending the month of April at Full Sail where I will be mentoring students as part of a residency. I'm also very much in touch with student issues, and I provide career advice to students via my blog at tinysubversions.com. On top of all this, I have served as the technology co-officer for the IGDA Education SIG since 2007 and have been attending GDC Education Summits since 2003 (when it was called the Academic Summit!). I encourage a high degree of interaction between the Boston IGDA chapter and area schools.

Polls are now open on the IGDA website and I would be honored to have your vote. If you have any questions concerning my platform, please feel free to ask me on- or off-list!

Thanks for taking a few minutes to read this. If you would like to support me beyond just voting, I'd appreciate if you could encourage your friends in the IGDA to take a look at my statement, and/or check out my Facebook group and website.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=330124171062
http://dariusforigda.org

Thanks again,
Darius