[game_edu] Surge in college applications / Global Game Jam

Peter Border pborder at msbcollege.edu
Mon Jan 25 11:19:20 EST 2010

I teach at a private business college and we are expanding like mad. Five years ago there were 5 campuses in the network, today there are 24 with plans for 40 by 2014. Finding staff to teach the courses and changing from a 5-campus system to a 40-campus one in a decade is quite a problem!

I think it's a combination of several factors: a lot of people are out of work and would rather go to school than sit around the house, commercial real estate is available for very cheap (all our "campuses" were originally just office buildings), interest rates on loans are very low nowadays, and the new GI bill apparently has some nice benefits (I teach a lot of veterans- who tend to be very good students).

I used to work at the U of MN, which is busily going under for the third (or is it 30th?) time.

Peter Border
Game and Application Design Coordinator
Globe University/Minnesota School of Business
1401 West 76th St
Richfield, MN 55423
pborder at msbcollege.edu