[game_edu] Surge in college applications / Global Game Jam

Dan Carreker DanC at narrativedesigns.com
Mon Jan 25 01:29:50 EST 2010

In Los Angeles the local community colleges are jammed pack because of
budget cut with more applicants than available space. Students are then
turning to private colleges as an alternative of taking 5-6 years to finish
their degree. Our local community college filled all classes within the
first day of enrollment which meant no new students were able to get class
as the 1st few days are returning studeents enrollment, State universities
evidently are experiencing the same issue.

For us enrollment seemed to spike significantly in September with Winter
enrollment remaining on par with previous semesters. This is based on the
sizes of the classes I teach; I don't havve number for the full program but
there does definately seem to be an uptick

_____