[game_edu] Building an Interdisciplinary Identity in a (Mostly) Non-Interdisciplinary Academic World

R. Michael Young young at csc.ncsu.edu
Sun Jul 11 16:34:12 EDT 2010

Along these lines, folks in computer science may find the Computing Research Association's memo Best Practices on Promotion and Tenure of Interdisciplinary Faculty interesting. Tenure letters for CS faculty doing interdisciplinary work will very often contain a reference to this document as a way of pointing departmental and college committees to established professional valuation of this kind of work.

The link is

http://www.cra.org/resources/bp-view/best_practices_memo_promotion_and_tenure_of_interdisciplinary_faculty/

-M