[game_edu] Student IP Ownership

Roberts, Scott sroberts at cim.depaul.edu
Wed Jul 14 14:59:36 EDT 2010

Hi Gregory,

At DePaul all students (or faculty) retain full IP rights, regardless of whether they're working on a class or club project. This can cause some complications when you have a large team negotiating with a publisher. The students who created Devil's Tuning Fork signed an IP agreement (created by Joe Linhoff) amongst themselves to pool their negotiating rights prior to forming a company. Let me know if you want any further details.

Scott

Scott Roberts
Associate Professor
School of Cinema & Interactive Media