[game_edu] Apps for Healthy Kids Competition

Susan Gold goldfile at gmail.com
Mon Jul 19 14:27:35 EDT 2010

As many of you know I have been working with the OSTP in developing
ideas, projects and opportunities that involve games. The Apps for
Healthy Kids project for the White House has been a tremendous success
(or so I think). There have even been game jams to make work for this
project. I thought it was a real honor to have the USDA & Mrs. Obama
come to us and ask for our assistance in creating games to teach kids
about nutrition. This has at least opened a door to what I hope is a
long dialog with the US Government. My hope that this is just a step
in an incredible enriching addition to the growth and study of games,
society and culture.

I could really use your assistance in reviewing many of the games and
let us know what you think by participating in the Popular Choice
Award. I would like to ask everyone to share your favorites and to
vote for the ones that you think will best help change behavior in the
children in our lives. Please go to the to Application Gallery (http://www.appsforhealthykids.com/application-gallery
) check out the games. Deadline is August 14th, please help me by
checking out what we have developed.

The Apps for Healthy Kids all-star panel of judges will be reviewing
submissions alongside you this summer, to select additional prizes,
including the GE Healthymagination Student Awards for the best student-
developed tool and game. More information about the full $60,000 in
prizes and judging criteria are available on www.appsforhealthykids.com.

All my best,

Susan

--
Susan Gold
In a completely sane world, madness is the only freedom!