[game_edu] GES at USC June 15-16

Suzanne Freyjadis suzanne at gamepathevents.com
Wed May 19 15:00:33 EDT 2010

Hello Edu SIG members!

I wanted to let you all know that there are only 4 weeks left until the Game
Education <http://www.gameeducationsummit.com/> Summit takes Los Angeles by
storm!

The Game Education Summit is where you will learn practical aspects of game
education that can be implemented immediately.

We also offer multiple networking opportunities both with colleagues and
game industry leaders that make the Game Education Summit is the best event
for professors and instructors to attend.

I have worked with the Advisory Board to make certain we have sessions
offering practical advice that will help strong game education programs grow
even stronger and new programs get off the ground.

As a USC alum I am so excited to have the USC School of Cinematic Arts
Interactive Media Division host this year's Summit! I am really thrilled
with the success of the Interactive Media Division and I am so grateful to
have Chris Swain as our opening keynote speaker.

I also need to let you know that our hotel rooms are mostly gone, so please
let me know if you have any trouble making a reservation.

Early Registration is open now. To save an additional 15%, use discount
codes:

IGDAGESUS for North American
<http://www.gameeducationsummit.com/register/GES-USA-2010/> Registration on
June 15-16

Examples of some of these useful sessions are:

Colleen Macklin and John Sharp of the Parsons The New School for Design will
present Gaming Game Design Curricula where they will explore how game design
methodologies can be used to create a game design curriculum by presenting
examples from the creation of a nationally-distributed curriculum for youth.

Jeannie Novak, Lead Author and Series Editor of the widely acclaimed Game
Development Essentials series will present Now Loading: classroom, game . .
. one and the same! Where she will focus on how to incorporate gameplay,
narrative, instructional design, subject matter expertise into an engaging
online classroom experience.

Nils-Holger Henning of Bigpoint will present Turning Students Games Into
Reality
where he will discuss how the incredible growth of online gaming and new
business models, provide more opportunities than ever for students and new
developers to create games and bring them to market. This practical advice
will help instructors guide their students toward getting their titles into
the market.

Visit the website www.gameeducationsummit.com
<http://www.gameeducationsummit.com/> for more information.

Best,