[game_edu] Second request - Call for Participation game art and design curriculum

Bill Crosbie bill.crosbie at gmail.com
Thu Oct 21 22:14:54 EDT 2010

I understand that we have some new members on the list who might be
interested in participating, so I am sending it out a second time.

If brief:
Please contact ncmack at ncsu.edu if you are willing to participate in a
research study looking to define what is needed in a high school level
game art and design curriculum.

Also, contact if you require clarification before committing to
participate in the study.

details below

CALL FOR PARTICIPATION

Dear Game Education SIG Member,
I need your assistance with a research study I am currently
conducting. The study seeks to define essential competencies and
objectives for a high school Game Art and Design curriculum, and I
have been given permission to build upon the Curriculum v3.2 from
February of 2008. This is the topic of my dissertation for the
Technology, Engineering & Design Education program at North Carolina
State University. For this study, I need a panel of experts and a
review panel from post-secondary institutions experienced in teaching
gaming-related courses and/or developing technology based courses for
high schools. The information collected from the experts will be
compiled into a list of essential competencies and will serve as a
sample curriculum for a high school Game Art and Design course.

In order to gather the information needed in this study, a web-based
Delphi will be utilized. The Delphi methodology is a survey-based
process consisting of rounds of questioning; each subsequent round is
developed from the responses of the previous round. Additionally,
weights will be assigned to the competencies and objectives in the
third round for a more complete curriculum example. This research
study will consist of four rounds of questioning. Each round should
only take ten to fifteen minutes to complete and each participant will
have one week from the date the survey is granted to complete and
submit the survey. Instructions for each round will be included.

For your participation, you will be given an advanced copy of the high
school Game Art and Design curriculum prior to any publications from
my dissertation. You will also have the liberty of being named as an
Expert Panelist in my dissertation, displaying your dedication to the
continuing development of this field.

If you would like to be considered for participation in this study,
please reply to me via email by typing “Agree to Participate” in the
subject line. My email address is ncmack at ncsu.edu. Thank you in
advance for your willingness to participate in this research study.

Best Wishes,
Nayo C-G Mack
Technology, Engineering & Design Education – Ed.D. Program
North Carolina State University