[game_edu] Unity Technology to Award 80 Phones to schools

Shawn Fredrick at 019 SFredrick at itt-tech.edu
Thu Sep 9 23:36:40 EDT 2010

Hi Davey,

I think we meet at GDC last year, I came to the Unity office party the week of GDC.

I would love to find out what it would take to become part of this program. We have over 120 game design students and I am always looking for different avenues for them to develop their ideas on.

We currently have Torque and Unity as game engines that we use in the classes here at ITT-Green Bay. We have found that the students learning curve on Unity is significantly less than that on Torque and the students are able to create multiple games in an 11 week quarter whereas they would only be able to produce 1 game per every 2 quarters previously.

Shawn Fredrick
Program Chair
Digital Entertainment & Game Design
ITT - Tech, Green Bay