[game_edu] Unity Technology to Award 80 Phones to schools

Davey Jackson davey.jackson2 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 9 15:36:37 EDT 2010

Hello friends,

I'd like to enlist your help in getting the word out about a $240k
giveaway<http://unity3d.com/education/>Unity is offering to Colleges
and Universities. In addition to software,
Unity is also providing mobile handsets to 20 schools for Android
Development. Some of you may have seen Samsung's recent announcement that it
plans to ship 10 million Android Powered Galaxy
Tabs<http://mobile.venturebeat.com/2010/09/07/samsung-expects-to-sell-10m-galaxy-tab-android-tablets-by-q3-2011-may-cost-between-200-300/>by
October 2011. This is the same rate that Apple expects to ship iPads
at
and it does not include the millions of Android powered phones which Samsung
will also ship in the coming year. Clearly Android is an emerging force and
will be an important development platform for students to be familiar with
in the coming years. The purpose of the Unity RFP is to outfit schools with
hardware and software to create course content around this exciting new
platform. I hope that many of you will take advantage of this exciting
opportunity to win a complete mobile development lab from
Unity Technologies.

If you have any questions regarding this RFP, please email me at
daveyj at unity3d.com. I would also like to invite you to join my LinkedIn
network here. <http://www.linkedin.com/pub/davey-jackson/1/155/428>

Thank you for your time and consideration, I look forward to reviewing many
of your proposals.

--Davey Jackson
Director of Educational Outreach
Unity Technologies