[game_edu] High School student needing guidance and encouragement from the Game_Edu community

Gordon Bellamy gbellamy at gmail.com
Sun Sep 26 21:33:21 EDT 2010

We received this letter, that the Game_Edu community is the
appropriate one to answer. Pls help this young student. They can be
reached @ samwthe3 at yahoo.com

Gordon

Subject: [General] Game Development

Sam Weddington sent a message using the contact form at
https://www.igda.org/contact. Hey! I'm currently a senior in high
school wanting to compete in the Technology Student Association video
game design competition. But I have no ideal nor the path of resources
to obtain to achieve this goal. I tried this goal in my junior year
with a team and ended up no where due to the unanticipated
complexities of game development. I need your help in the proper
materials to obtain, so that I can make this desire an achievement. I
currently am acquinited with Java, Python; and have thought about
using Blender. I am the leader of the group and I will have to teach
my team the languages and tools in about 3 months. The best plan is
now the only plan to ensure we take first place in nationals. Thanks,
Sam W.