[game_edu] Revamped IGDA Student SIG

Jack Bogdan jack at igda.org
Mon Sep 27 19:26:27 EDT 2010

Hey Everyone,

My name is Jack Bogdan and I'm trying to revitalize the Student SIG and take a new approach to the way the org handles students.

I've created a Facebook group for students to get involved here:
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=156271777724753&ref=ts
I would appreciate it if you could forward the URL along to those in your respective programs.

We're working on a new method to organize students that replaces the old and un-updated Student Clubs section. To get a sense of what's in store, the basic idea revolves around 3 student voted groups in each school: 1 to handle school and regional events / reporting, 1 to handle chapter / Squadron (volunteer) work, and 1 to report to the main org with ideas and updates. The next stage is to flesh out a foundation and provide structure / benefits that student groups can plug right in to.

Please send feedback, suggestions, observations, etc!

Thanks for your help,
Jack