[game_edu] Premier IGDA Game Development Scholarship 2012 Eligibility Deadline is JANUARY 13th! Please register your students now before the end of 2011.

Gordon Bellamy gordon at igda.org
Fri Dec 2 14:38:03 EST 2011

*The Application Deadline is January 13, 2012. So now is the time to sign
up your students before the holiday. *

The IGDA Scholars program is the world's premier Game Development
Scholarship program for Undergraduate, Graduate and Ph.d students in
*all*fields of study.
Now in it's 12th year, the program accelerates and inspires students'
careers with once in a lifetime exclusive and direct access to the world's
leading employers, professionals and professional development events.
In 2011, 69 women and men from all crafts were honored from over 50
Colleges and Universities
<http://www.igda.org/scholarships/past-recipients>were honored, led by
the prestigious University of Southern California,
with a record 9 IGDA Scholars. thatgamecompany, Sony, Zynga and many other
top companies all have teams now lead by IGDA Scholar alumni.

*To be eligible, your students must be IGDA Members in good standing.* We
strongly encourage and appreciate schools that support their students'
career development by paying the $30 annual dues for membership in the
world's largest professional membership org for game developers.

*Please sign up your program or student club for 2012 today by*:

1. emailing me @ gordon at igda.org

or 2. filling out the *IGDA Student Chapters* form at www.igda.org/education

We are proud to be adding SxSW Interactive (Austin) and PAX East (Boston)
to GDC (San Francisco) , IGDA Summit / Casual Connect (Seattle), E3 (Los
Angeles), CEDEC (Yokohama) and ChinaJoy (Shanghai) as IGDA Scholar events.
Leading our IGDA Student Clubs for 2012 is the head of ACM-SIGGRAPH
Student Clubs, so we are excited for that new outstanding collaboration.

We look forward to collaborating with you in 2012 and of course if you have
any questions feel free to contact me directly.

Gordon

[image: me] *Gordon Bellamy* | Executive Director, IGDA<http://www.igda.org/>
Contact | gordon at igda.org | +1 (818) 472-7283 | Skype: gordonbellamy |
Twitter <http://www.twitter.com/gordonbellamy> |
Facebook<http://www.facebook.com/gbellamy>

The IGDA Scholars Program proudly thanks the following companies and
organizations for their ongoing partnership and participation in the
cultivation of the world's top game scholars.

DoubleFine
Lucas Arts
Playdom
Zynga