[game_edu] Qol, "crunch" and Education

Mike Reddy Mike.Reddy at newport.ac.uk
Mon Feb 7 00:13:09 EST 2011

[hit send by mistake…]

Now this genii is out of the bottle, I can only see more sites wanting leverage to make GGJ more family friendly. I for one just cannot do two days of loss of sleep, lack of family time, and no scope for recovery before work on Monday. This year the students and a couple of staff had a great time, producing some pretty excellent games IMHO. As a learning activity, it was brilliant as usual. However, no one here thought to say thank you.

The parallels of Jam with crunch have been made before, but have never been so clear to me. I would welcome discussion of an alternative. This year, voluntary crunch ceased to be fun.