[game_edu] Unity Workshop Curriculum?

Scott Price sprice at gamestarmechanic.com
Fri Feb 11 00:35:52 EST 2011

Hello, Beth--

I don't have a curriculum for you, but I would very much like to hear of any
response you do get! I work with E-Line Media, and we've *just* launched a
blog intended to provide resources to apprentice game makers and the masters
and mentors that train them. That's exactly you and your audience - heck,
you're even thinking about the 'other' aspects of game making which many
design- or programming-focused programs gloss over. We've got a category
set aside for tools and supporting curriculum. http://www.ludodojo.com/

If you learn of curriculum, I'd love to feature that in our curriculum
section if it doesn't feel competitive with your program. As your program
gets up and running (or is), I'd love to feature you in our "Local Dojo"
category, which aims to highlight local programs in game making. If this
isn't for the AbTeC program, but you think that's relevant as a local
program in game making, we might feature that, too.

As an aside, I'm also the product manager for Gamestar Mechanic, which might
be interesting for your work. There are free and premium versions for
educators and for solo kids at home: http://www.gamestarmechanic.com and
http://gamestarmechanic.com/teachers/intro/1

Sincerely,
--Scott Price