[game_edu] Unity for Beginners

Andy andycox at twcdc.com
Wed Jan 12 13:39:41 EST 2011

Hello all. I've been lurking on this list for a while and now I
have a reason to post! This semester I'm teaching an introductory
course in Art and Technology in the Art Department at San
Francisco State University. This is not a game development course
per se but an introduction to the use of computers in art,
including computer graphics, animation, sound, and interactive
programming. We will be working in a Mac lab and I plan to center
the course around the Unity Game Development Tool. Does anyone
have experience of using this tool in this context? Some of the
students will have zero experience with digital graphics or
programming. Also, if anyone has curricula they could share, that
would be most welcome. I am currently planning to use Unity Game
Development Essentials by Will Goldstone which is available free
online through the San Francisco Public Library.