[game_edu] (clarification) Research on Game Capstone Courses - Have you taught a capstone course?

Jose P. Zagal jzagal at cdm.depaul.edu
Mon Jan 17 17:39:59 EST 2011

Hi,

We should have known better, but the term "capstone" course isn't as
common as we supposed. Apologies for the U.S.-centric approach! Our
research is interested in learning about game capstone experiences
internationally, so please do consider participating in our study.

We loosely define "capstone course" as a class taken toward the end of a
university course/degree/program that incorporates all of the previous
learning students have done throughout a program. It usually takes the
form of a large scale project that students may work on individually or
in teams.

We are also interested in hearing what other names are used for these
kinds of courses!

Thanks, and once again apologies!

Jose Zagal & John Sharp