[game_edu] GDC Update

Suzanne Freyjadis freyjadis at austin.rr.com
Mon Jan 24 18:49:11 EST 2011

Hello Game Education SIG Members!

We are so happy to have such an amazing group of educators participating in
this list. The Steering Committee would like to update you on what is
happening in the next few months.

In the past the Education SIG has been responsible for organizing the
Education Summit at GDC. The executives at GDC decided to go a different
direction this year and bring in a team. Everyone who is organizing the
Education Summit is on this list and is amazing so we hope to see you there.

We will be having a SIG meeting during the main part of GDC. We don't know
when but you will be able to get in with an exhibitor pass this year. We are
very excited that the IGDA negotiated that sweet deal with GDC.

There will also be some less formal gatherings at the IGDA booth that will
be managed by the awesome IGDA team.

We will keep you updated on what is happening. We will all be there and
would be happy to talk to any of you or help any first time attendees
through the process.

Best,

Suzanne Freyjadis, Bill Crosbie and Chris Swain