[game_edu] Students at GDC

Jim Parker jparker at ucalgary.ca
Wed Jan 26 14:26:47 EST 2011

The last time I attended, the Expo pass entitled you to very little.
Being on the show floor, basically. No talks. I would not travel to the
show for that alone, and a student would get very little out of it.
Perhaps that's changed.

This is a very expensive trade show, no doubt - up there with the more
expensive conferences.

Discounts for students are an investment. These guys are likely to pay
their way back in future. It is lost opportunity cost only to give them
a profound discount, 'cause they're not coming otherwise.

Jim