[game_edu] Brenda Braithwaite's game_edu rant at GDC

Anthony Hart-Jones tony at dragonstalon.co.uk
Tue Mar 8 14:32:30 EST 2011

You may laugh, but apprenticeships might not be such a bad idea. I
learned more about design in a month of work than three years of
university. Take a kid with a good understanding of maths / mechanics
and they'd learn more spending a year working in a games studio than a
decade in academia.

As a friend of mine often remarks, your mileage may vary...