[game_edu] Call for Submissions: Real-world Games for Change Challenge

Gregory Trefry gtrefry at iamtheeconomy.com
Thu Mar 10 10:07:47 EST 2011

Gang,

This might be of interest to some of you designers out there or your
students.

This year Come Out & Play (www.comeoutandplay.org) is partnering with Games
for Change (www.gamesforchange.org) to produce the first Real-world Games
for Change Challenge. We're putting out a call for game concepts. One
winner will be chosen and the awarded $5,000 from Games for Change to help
produce the game on June 19, 2011 in downtown Manhattan as part of Come Out
& Play's new summer game series at the River to River Festival. The
designers will then present their findings from the game at the Games for
Change conference that follows June 20-22.

The general concept of the challenge: design a real-world game that leaves a
positive impact on the space where the game was played. It should be
playable in downtown, should be able to run through a large number of
players (roughly 200) either in one game or multiple games. It's a tough
one, but we think an interesting design challenge.

The submission form is here:
http://bit.ly/e9Y4nT

See the call for submissions below. Let me know if you have questions or
thoughts. Hope some of you will be interested in submitting.

Cheers,
Greg

--
Greg Trefry