[game_edu] Brenda Braithwaite's game_edu rant at GDC

Anthony Hart-Jones tony at dragonstalon.co.uk
Thu Mar 10 07:03:42 EST 2011

You mean, that is what we are meant to do. Some studios have some
serious issues with technological inertia once they develop in-house tools.

I loved evaluating tech, personally. There are few things in life
more fun than testing engines to see which one has the best physics or
path-finding, plus it makes a welcome break from 'real' work like AI
scripting and tweaking mechanics.