[game_edu] Another Advice Request

George D. Phillies phillies at WPI.EDU
Tue Nov 22 22:16:55 EST 2011

The last time I asked for help I was given sound advice on Camtasia, and
it worked. To see the results, go to my YouTube videos -- search on
"George Phillies lecture" will with some effort find my Game Design video.

In any event, I do teach a board game design class, and I am contemplating
videotaping it and putting it up. There are two issues:
1) I need a high res video camera with enough memory to hold --
there are two other classes at the saem time -- 10 hours a week of
lectures, which I suspect I will only be able to transcribe and upload
once a week.
The camera needs to be able to handle existing light on an indoor
classroom, receive a lapel mic with me talking, and stay in focus on the
blackoard.
A video format compatible with camtasia, which the simple new sony
format is not, is needed. I realize there are converter softwares, but
the ones I tried were not satisfactory.
2) Someplace, there is a legal process for avoiding the youtube 15
minute limit on videos, because I see putting up what appear to be longer
lecture segments.

Your advice is entirely welcome.

George Phillies