[game_edu] Game Suggestions

Maria Droujkova droujkova at gmail.com
Tue Oct 18 08:18:17 EDT 2011

I used the following activity for the same purpose:

- Kids wrote names of their favorite games on cards
- Then they sorted cards into groups, by similarity
- We talked about categories kids created for sorting, and different
categories game designers used

You need to do some sort of a comparison task to get at design, so playing a
single game may not take you there. Or you could offer several versions of
one game, such as 3d tic-tac-toe (and other extensions of it) to talk about
game elements that change and stay the same.

Cheers,
Maria Droujkova
919-388-1721

Make math your own, to make your own math