[game_edu] Game Suggestions

Nic Colley Nic.Colley at cpcc.edu
Sat Oct 22 16:57:11 EDT 2011

That is a great find.

Thank you

Sent from my iPhone

On Oct 22, 2011, at 1:26 PM, "Suzanne Freyjadis" <freyjadis at austin.rr.com<mailto:freyjadis at austin.rr.com>> wrote:

From: "Sebastian Sohn" <champ at sent.as<mailto:champ at sent.as>>
To: game_edu at igda.org<mailto:game_edu at igda.org>
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2011 13:32:48 -0700
Subject: Game Suggestions

Charlie,

I maintain a list of (mostly) free "softboard" games for game design
classes. Softboard games are board games that been "ported" to digital
format. Ian Schreiber and I taught an online game design teacher's
workshop, two months ago, and we used this list. Board games are a
great because they are 100% transparent and students become aware how
even simple games need lots of rules to maintain the game system.

I use this list as an extra credit assignment for my students. You play
a game and send me a screenshot of the game for points. The points
listed is the time required. Thus 4 points means the student is
expected to take 40 minutes. The points are adjusted to resources
available such as built-in tutorial, Youtube video, and such. Most of
these games are fanware so they lack polish and tutorials.

http://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/51318
or
tinyurl.com/homeplay<http://tinyurl.com/homeplay>

--Sebastian Sohn