[game_edu] K-12 Game Education

Scott Nicholson srnichol at syr.edu
Tue Sep 13 11:12:05 EDT 2011

I come from Library and Information Science, and I work with school libraries. My current research project is to create a toolkit to help librarians to make their school library into a game design resource for teachers to tap. If one school librarian gets excited about game design, she/he has the ability to inspire many, many teachers. The tools I create will also be useful for teachers, but my primary focus is to work with school librarians.

My own focus is on face-to-face games such as board and card games to complement all of the research currently going on with digital game creation tools. I'm currently on a research leave from the School of Information Studies at Syracuse University and am working with the Singapore-MIT GAMBIT game lab at MIT on this project.

My new blog on the topic is called Because Play Matters, and it is at http://becauseplaymatters.com .

Scott Nicholson