[game_edu] great game maker games?

Ian Schreiber ai864 at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 6 12:19:36 EDT 2012

Here's one starting point for you:
http://playthisthing.com/100-game-maker-games

You could show the 10-minute video in class and then provide links to the games. It's a few years old (so those games would have used an earlier version of Game Maker) but the games are still quite varied and impressive.

The other place I'd look is former IGF finalists/winners - a brief Google search turns up Nidhogg, Tuning, and Spelunky all as games that were originally made in Game Maker. I'm sure there are many others... especially in the student showcase games. So you could point to these as not just good games, but games that were good enough to win awards.

- Ian