[game_edu] AltDevConf - free virtual conference

Heather Decker-Davis heathermdecker at gmail.com
Fri Feb 3 20:07:47 EST 2012

Greetings, friends of game education! :)

AltDevConf <http://www.altdevconf.org/> is a free, virtual conference on
game development topics that will be airing February 11th and 12th!

The conference is comprised of three different tracks:

- Programming
- Education
- Design & Production

Our top sessions include presentations from great speakers such as Ian
Schreiber, Mike Acton, Ryan Arndt, Alex Champandard, and Miguel de Icaza.

We will be using GoToWebinar, which will facilitate live streaming of
presentations and an interactive audience Q&A. All sessions will be
recorded and posted to AltDevBlogADay <http://altdevblogaday.com> after the
conference is over, so the community can continue to benefit from them.

Registration links for individual sessions will soon be posted. Attendees
can use these links to sign up for the talks they're interested in and
receive a reminder fifteen minutes before the session is about to begin.
The AltDevConf schedule<http://altdevblogaday.com/2012/02/02/altdevconf-schedule/>is
available, if you'd like to see a full listing of sessions that will
be
aired.

During the conference, we encourage attendees to socialize and network
using the #AltDevConf hashtag on Twitter.

You can follow AltDevConf on Twitter and Facebook for the latest news:
http://twitter.com/AltDevConf
http://www.facebook.com/AltDevConf

Or stay updated via the website:
http://www.altdevconf.org/

Please email me directly if you have any questions.

Lastly, even if you're not able to make it, please feel free to spread the
world!

Thanks,

Heather M Decker-Davis