[game_edu] Comprehensive Game Production Book

Dan Carreker danc at narrativedesigns.com
Sat Mar 10 14:20:56 EST 2012

For production, I'd recommend Dan Irish's The Game Producer's Handbook or
Game Development and Production by Erik Bethke. I lean towards Dan Irish's
book but both are good.

I'd also consider anything by Ernest Adams; I know his early (and out of
print) works included much about production as well as design. His current
book is Fundamentals of Game Design but I don't know how much production it
goes into.

Lastly, my own book, The Game Developer's Dictionary is something I'd
recommend (though I'm obviously biased.) It not only includes production
terminology, but also has an appendix on positions within the industry.

--Dan Carreker