[game_edu] Comprehensive Game Production Book

Russ Nordman mettaspapa at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 9 16:09:52 EST 2012

We've started a video game design concentration. My background is film and video production. In film production there are comprehensive guides to the whole film making process. Everything from the who does what to the step by step process of constructing the deliverable to the terminology. I know there are books on the conceptual and theoretical side of game making as well as books on specific tools (software), but is there anything out there like Edward Pincus and Steven Ascher's "The Filmmaker's Handbook"? This was a required book for anyone going into filmmaking.

Thanks

Russ Nordman

Associate Professor

Intermedia and Digital Art