[game_edu] 2d vs 3d

Allan Fowler Allan.Fowler at waiariki.ac.nz
Sun Mar 11 15:44:01 EDT 2012

Hi Joe,

Try having a look at using Kodu Game Lab, Alice, or Scratch. These are all 3D game development tools and although targeted at a younger audience they still provide a very powerful way to learn game design concepts. I have used Kodu Game Lab and Game Maker with my first year students and the majority (85%) of the students preferred Kodu.

Kind regards

Allan Fowler

Message: 1