[game_edu] Firing Team Mates

Sheri Rubin sheri at designdirectdeliver.com
Fri May 4 13:39:22 EDT 2012

Re: Playing Nice With Others - here is a link to view "The Last Lecture"
by Randy Pausch where he goes over the spreadsheet and ratings of group
projects with team members (from CMU) that encourages people to learn
how to work well in a team: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ji5_MqicxSo

Although I think the whole thing is worth a watch, the point in question
starts at about the 32 min mark for the intro to the course and ETC and
51 min for the spreadsheet.

From personal experience when I was in group projects for my degree we
had team projects and we were 'running a business' and one member never
showed up or did any work for the first two weeks. I asked the professor
if we could 'fire' the student and she said "no" because in the real
world you won't always have coworkers who perform well. I said "in the
real world if you didn't show up to work for 2 weeks and gave no notice
you'd be fired." So I would love for schools with team projects to start
implementing the ability to fire team mates.

Sheri

*Sheri Rubin*
Founder and CEO

*Design Direct Deliver*