[game_edu] Are All eBooks Created Equal?

Carla Fisher, Ed.D. carlaeng at gmail.com
Tue Feb 26 15:51:53 EST 2013

Hi All,

The Fred Rogers Center for Early Childhood Learning and Children's Media
recently launched the Fred Rogers Center Blog (
http://www.fredrogerscenter.org/blog/). The goal of the blog is to continue
to foster discussion around the development and use of technology in early
childhood education.

As part of that mission Alice Wilder and I are producing a new series on
the blog called “Quality Conversations.” The “Quality Conversations” blog
series is designed to facilitate online, crowd-sourced discussions
among *parents,
researchers and educators, and media creators *about what constitutes
“quality” in digital media for young children through age 8.

Our first post is live and ready for input about eBooks!

http://www.fredrogerscenter.org/blog/are-all-e-books-created-equal/

While much of the blog is the traditional style of reading and commenting,
Alice and I designed these posts specifically to gather input. All we ask
is that you view a video, rate the quality on a scale of 1 to 5, and
comment to tell us why.

We will have representatives from each cohort giving us their point of view
and the more participants the more useful this work will be! *So please
also feel free to pass this along to friends and colleagues who also might
be interested in participating in this conversation.*
*
*
Thank you so much for your time and point of view. Your participation is
incredibly appreciated and valuable to us!

Best,
Carla and Alice

Carla Fisher, Ed.D.
Children's Game Design