[game_edu] Fwd: STEM-related game dev resource

Sheri Rubin sheri at designdirectdeliver.com
Wed Jun 5 13:19:36 EDT 2013

From IGDA Central:
Hi all,

The IGDA has been approached by the education curriculum company STEM
Fuse about a free game development course that they are offering to
educators. Here's a description of their goal:

"Our goal is to integrate STEM skills and career readiness into schools
and after school clubs throughout the nation. We are currently doing a
STEM initiative in which we are giving 10,000 of our game development
course away. The reason I am contacting you is because I came across
your website and like what you do. Even though our initiative has
reached all 50 states and 3 countries, we want to keep pushing STEM
education and help out as many students as we can. We want to get this
out faster and really get the next generation excited about STEM and the
game development skills. Here is a link to our initiative:Â
http://stemfuse.com/shop/gameit-10000-initiative"

I thought I'd pass this along as an FYI, and if you know of high
school-level educators, it might be something they'd want to investigate.

Thanks,

Kate

--
*Sheri Rubin*