[game_edu] Interactive Fiction Games for Mobile Learning?

Tiffany Taylor Attaway jiminica at gmail.com
Tue May 7 07:32:59 EDT 2013

Hi,

I'm doing some information-gathering and I'm hoping you all can give me
some leads, as the things I'm researching are not necessarily easy to
google and come up with concrete answers. Plus I was given this assignment
yesterday and my proposal is due Thursday!

My organization wants to create a tool/game for language learning that can
be used on a mobile device. One of the ideas under consideration is that of
using the interactive fiction game model of a parser that the user "talks"
(types) to and gets feedback.

1. Are there any interactive fiction games, or games that use a parser to
decipher language input from the user, that are used for educational
purposes? We're interested in examining those that teach a language or ESL,
but I would like to look at some from other content domains in the research
phase.

2. Are there any interactive fiction games, or games that use a parser to
decipher language input from the user, that work on a mobile device?

I'd appreciate any directions that you can point me in. I've got links to
some IF sites and a copy of a book on IF, so any suggestions you can give
me to narrow my search are greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Tiffany Taylor Attaway
jiminica at gmail.com