[game_edu] The 2014 IGDA Scholars Program Kicks Off - GDC 2014 Application Now Open

Luke Dicken lukedicken at gmail.com
Wed Nov 20 13:37:21 EST 2013

The IGDA and the IGDA Scholarships Committee are delighted to announce that
the 2014 IGDA Scholarships Program is now accepting applications for the
Game Developers Conference (GDC). The program is open to all students and
recent graduates in fields relating to game development. Applications
should be submitted by 17 December 2013, please see
http://scholars.igda.org/how-to-apply/ for further information. The
application itself can be found at
http://scholars.igda.org/how-to-apply/apply-for-gdc/.

Awarded to the best and brightest students in game development disciplines,
the IGDA Scholars program gives recepients an all-access pass, industry
mentorship, local studio tours and more.

GDC takes place 17-21 March 2014 at the Moscone Center in San Francisco,
USA. The world's largest and longest-running professionals-only game
industry event features over 400 lectures, panels, tutorials and
round-table discussions on a comprehensive selection of game development
topics taught by leading industry experts.

GDC is just the first of what promises to be a very exciting schedule, with
more conferences to be announced as we go through the year. You can learn
more about the program, its history and find out how to apply at
http://scholars.igda.org. Please help us spread the word about this
excellent opportunity for students from around the world.

The Scholarships are made possible by the generosity of our sponsors, the
event organizers, the studios who open their doors to us and the members of
industry who take the time to help select, mentor, or speak with our
Scholars. We are truly grateful for their support. If you'd like to get
involved in supporting the program, please contact me directly at
luke at igda.org

Thanks for your time,
Luke