[game_edu] Curriculum Framework

Huber, William w.huber at abertay.ac.uk
Thu Dec 4 11:23:34 EST 2014

Hi,

You might find the UK's main accreditation board for the creative sector useful: it's called Creative Skillset, and its guidelines for program accreditation can be found here: http://creativeskillset.org/who_we_help/training_educators/tick_course_accreditation/animation_games_screenwriting_accreditation

When we last checkd, the IGDA guidelines and those of Skillset were comparable to each other. Where I think that the Skillset guidelines might be somewhat dated is in the distinction between art- and technical-oriented programs with relatively little consideration given to design as a discipline in its own right, and with the relatively lack of attention to the sorts of skills and competencies suitable for small, independent studios (including business and organizational skills.)