[game_edu] Undergraduate Games Conference @ Marist College

Karen Schrier Shaenfield kschrier at alum.mit.edu
Tue Oct 21 13:40:45 EDT 2014

Hi everyone,

I am organizing an Undergraduate Games Conference, which will take place on
Marist campus  on Friday, November 7, 2014.

We are looking for students who can show off games or present games-related
papers. Please let any NY-Metro or Hudson Valley area students know about
this conference.

You can find out more at:

http://midhudsongames.wordpress.com/

Students can submit their *Very Brief* proposal at:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1rACEur-9KnsPi3WHTpJepY3f_RM_WLA4ygG5hnQvJRc/viewform

Proposals are due by November 1, 2014.

Students (and you!) can come to the conference and not present. We will be
having a pizza party, board game and game night, and a panel on indie game
development. It's all FREE!

Friday, November 7th from 3:30-9 pm. The panel goes from 6:30-7:30 pm. It
will be held on Marist Campus in Lowell Thomas Basement.

--
The Hudson Valley Undergraduate Games Conference is happening in a few
weeks!

We are looking for students to participate either as presenters or
attendees. You can find out more at: http://midhudsongames.wordpress.com/

The conference takes place on Friday, November 7, 2014 from 3:30 pm to 9 pm
at Marist College. Students can submit short proposals for research/paper
presentations on games, or they can submit proposals for a game demo
(non-digital or digital).  Proposals are due by November 1, 2014 and are
accepted on a rolling basis. Students can also just come and attend.

The conference will also feature a panel on indie game development, as well
as a pizza/board game/networking party that evening.

The conference is entirely free to all and open to the public.